Mo Egeston- Late Night Grooves
Saturdays 10:15P @ the Dark Room
Late Night Grooves is a weekly event where pianist and keyboard player Mo Egeston blends modern soul, improvisation and beats. Each week features duo & trio collaborations with a variety of vocalists, instrumentalists and beat producers.
Members of Mo E All-Stars will be featured frequently along with occasional full band sets.
Mo E All-Stars one sheet download here.
Mo E All-Stars (YouTube) brings to life the groove based and dance floor influenced styles that have been a part of Maurice "Mo" Egeston's original music since his days with Urban Jazz Naturals. With a crew of like minded players in place Mo is free to explore a sound that is rooted in electronic music and studio style production while keeping the focus on the live players. (Mo E All-Stars on Facebook)
For club and festival dates the All-Stars focus on original music and live remixes, creating a sound that touches on electronic music, jazz, Latin, funk and soul.
For private events and corporate functions the set expands to include a wide range of groove based music featuring reworks of music by artists like Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Bill Withers, Roberta Flack, Daft Punk, Herbie Hancock, Santana, Moloko, Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix, Dee-Lite and more.
Drummer Grover Stewart and percussionist Duane “Jingo” Williams are at the center of the All-Stars groove. They share a love of the sounds of modern soul, deep house, nu jazz and electronica and take Mo's ideas from the studio to the stage with ease.
In 2015 Mo E All-Stars welcomed bass player Eric "Snoopy" Tyler as a new core member.
The All-Stars also also perform as a 6-7 piece unit that can feature frequent collaborators Coco Soul, Jessica Butler and Mario Pascal.
- St. Louis World's Fare Heritage Festival
- Broadway & Beyond- Lawton Philharmonic Fundraiser June 2016
- What is Progressive Soul? @ Kranzberg Arts April '16
- Funkfest 10 (Sept '15)
- Mo Egeston's Jazz Sampler- featuring Elizabeth McQueen. Lawton, OK
- Chevy Music Showcase Season 2 featured artist
- How Sweet it It Is KDHX Marvin Gaye tribute- Off Broadway
- Mo Egeston & Friends Kranzberg Arts Center
- Great Totem Festival Cherokee Street (STL)
- Lyrical Concepts I & II @ Koken Art Factory
- The Dark Room 2016 (featured members @ Late Night Grooves)
- Delmar Lounge 2010- 2012
- Lola (Washington Ave STL) 2010- 2012 Opened for and collaborated with progressive soul artists Sy Smith, Mark DeClive Lowe, King Britt and Rich Medina.
Contact: Mo Egeston: firstname.lastname@example.org 314.517.4050
Why are Jingo and Mo smiling? Because they got to kick it with international progressive soul artists Mark De Clive Lowe and Sy Smith at one of the Celebrate the Groove events in early 2012 at Lola.