Welcome to Mo Egeston Music. Maurice "Mo" Egeston is a pianist, band leader and educator from St. Louis, Missouri. He spends his musical time leading bands and writing music while also working as a collaborative artist, accompanist and educator in both the classroom and private studio.
- Audio Pre Mo E & Friends concert interview with David Syner
(Night Shift with Scott Sherman).
- Download Mo Egeston Music booking one sheet.
Mo did his graduate studies in chamber music and accompanying at Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville) with Dr. Linda Perry. He has been the adjunct music instructor at Columbia College-St. Louis since 1996 and he returned as a music instructor to McKendree University in the Fall of 2012.
If you are here for piano lesson, information please click the link above. Contact Mo at moisme1<at>gmail<dot>com with any questions about band bookings, lessons, accompanying, collaborative, club or studio work.
A 19 year veteran of the St. Louis music scene, Mo first emerged as a band leader during the birth of the Washington Ave nightlife scene in the mid 90's. Soon after, regional favorites Vargas Swing brought the sounds of the swing revival to the St. Louis club scene and were featured on 2 national compilations.
Next came the pioneering live house music project Urban Jazz Naturals who released 2 dance singles globally and eventually evolved into mo & dawn: the remix project. See Mo's bio for a more detailed band and recording history. (Click here for bio)
In 2008 the Mo E Family was born as a catch all for the variety of projects Mo currently leads.
- Mo E All-Stars original progressive soul, electronica, nu jazz & house
- Mo Egeston: Groove Sessions solo improvisation with beats, loops and live sampling.
- Coco & Mo- (Soul Alliance) dance band or lounge groove. soul, house, funk, pop, disco & more
- Mo E trio/Mo E3 trio style chillout lounge to center stage dance floor grooves which also features collaborations with Jessica Butler, Mario Pascal, Thelonius Kryptonite and CocoSoul.
- Mowinda violin & piano chamber music. Classical, pop, tango & jazz
Mo E All-Stars were a part of the Second Season of the Chevy Music Showcase- STL Edition. Follow the link to like our page and stay up to date on Facebook. Our episodes aired in 2013 on KMOV-TV and can be viewed on YouTube and at our Chevy Music Showcase page.
You will also find a full length video of 806 State and a free download of Get you Some at http://st-louis.chevymusicshowcase.com/artist/mo-e-all-stars. Audio and video courtesy of the Mid-America Chevy Dealers.
Mo worked actively as a member of St. Louis rock band Brothers Lazaroff before taking a pause in the summer of 2014. The band released the albums Give Em What They Need in 2010 and Science Won in 2012. The band's latest Hope, Fear,Youth was released in the Fall of 2013 and studio sessions for the next release are under way as of the summer of 2014. Click here to go to the Bros Laz CD Baby page.
In early 2014 Elizabeth Mcqueen meet Brothers Lazaroff finished and released a KickStarter supported EP remix of the renown Austin singer and songwriter's album The Laziest Girl in Town. The Laziest Remix was first released in January in Austin, TX and was followed by a February 22 release in Brother's Lazaroff's hometown- St. Louis, MO.
Other recent Brothers Lazaroff collaborations include:
- Lewis Dubbs and the Missouri Fly Guys- AKA Thelonious Kryptonite & Brothers Lazaroff
- Science Won Remixes (Link to Bandcamp)- including the Mo Egeston remix of "I Could Stay Here for the Rest of My Life" featuring Elizabeth McQueen & Brothers Lazaroff. Listen to the single in the player to the right.
Finally, Mo Egeston frequently supports and collaborates with St. Louis based singer and songwriter CocoSoul. Their work together currently includes Coco & Mo and began with the Soul Alliance. They also perform together in many full band and concert events including Coco's new project Disco Nites, Mo Egeston & Friends/Mo E All-Stars and CocoSoul & Friends.
Use the links at the top of the page to listen to band samples, watch video, check Mo's performing schedule and even hear a classical/tango piano arrangement that Mo did for his Mom's birthday. (Tango a la Chopin- player to the right)
Join Mo on Facebook with a click and a like. Thanks for stopping by!