Mo E All-Stars are very excited to be a part of the Second Season of the Chevy Music Showcase- STL Edition. Follow the link to like our page and stay up to date on Facebook. Our episodes aired April 10 and June 5 on KMOV-TV and can be viewed on YouTube and at our Chevy Music Showcase page.
You will also find a full length video of 806 State and a free download of Get you Some at
http://st-louis.chevymusicshowcase.com/artist/mo-e-all-stars. Audio and video courtesy of the Mid-America Chevy Dealers.
Welcome to Mo Egeston Music. Maurice "Mo" Egeston is a pianist, band leader and educator from St. Louis, Missouri. He spends his musical time leading bands and writing music while also working as a collaborative artist, accompanist and educator in both the classroom and private studio. Click here to listen to a recent interview with David Syner for the Night Shift with Scott Sherman.
Mo did his graduate studies in chamber music and accompanying at Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville) with Dr. Linda Perry. He has been the adjunct music instructor at Columbia College-St. Louis since 1996 and he returned as a music instructor to McKendree University in the Fall of 2012.
If you are here for piano lesson information please click the link above. Contact Mo at moisme1<at>gmail<dot>com with any questions about band bookings, lessons, club or studio work.
A 17 year veteran of the St. Louis music scene, Mo first emerged as a band leader during the birth of the Washington Ave nightlife scene in the mid 90's. Soon after, regional favorites Vargas Swing brought the sounds of the swing revival to the St. Louis club scene and were featured on 2 national compilations.
Next came the pioneering live house music project Urban Jazz Naturals who released 2 dance singles globally and eventually evolved into mo & dawn: the remix project. See Mo's bio for a more detailed band and recording history. (Click here for bio)
In 2008 the Mo E Family was born as a catch all for the variety of projects Mo currently leads.
- Mo E All-Stars- original progressive soul. electronica nu jazz house
- Soul Alliance featuring CocoSoul- dance band or lounge groove. soul house funk pop disco
- Mo E trio- nu jazz breaks swing soul. trio style.
- Mowinda-violin piano chamber music. classical pop jazz
Mo also records and performs as a member of St. Louis rock band Brothers Lazaroff who released the albums Give Em What They Need in 2010 and Science Won in 2012. The band's latest Hope, Fear,Youth was released in the Fall of 2013. Click here to go to the CD Baby page.
In 2012 Brothers Lazaroff expanded their open minded approach to music with a series of collaborations including:
- Lewis Dubbs and the Missouri Fly Guys- AKA Thelonious Kryptonite & Brothers Lazaroff
- Elizabeth Mcqueen meet Brothers Lazaroff- Laziest Girl Remixes. Follow the link for more information about our successful KickStarter Campaign. EP release in early 2014
- Science Won Remixes (Link to Bandcamp)- including the Mo Egeston remix of "I Could Stay Here for the Rest of My Life" featuring Elizabeth McQueen & Brothers Lazaroff. Listen to the single in the player to the right.
Use the links at the top of the page to listen to band samples, watch video, check Mo's performing schedule and even hear a classical/tango piano arrangement that Mo did for his Mom's birthday. (Tango a la Chopin- player to the right)
Join Mo on Facebook with a click and a like. Thanks for stopping by!